<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Book Board Chat | Danedottir | Activity</title>
	<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/members/danedottir/activity/</link>
	<atom:link href="http://www.bookboardchat.com/members/danedottir/activity/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for Danedottir.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 20:25:56 -0400</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=11.3.1</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f2e51cfa8a0a4c2edca9aa54c4a684b8</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: A photo of Molly, Lindsay's and Taylor's dog - click [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/2317/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 03 Aug 2011 01:35:21 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A photo of Molly, Lindsay's and Taylor's dog - <a href="http://www.danedottir.com/BBC/MollyTheDog.jpg" rel="nofollow ugc">click here</a>.</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12px">Some clear night like this,<br />
when the stars are all out and shining,<br />
our old dogs will come back to us,<br />
out of the woods, and lead us<br />
along the stone wall to the cove.<br />
There will be foxes, and loons,<br />
and a houseboat floating on the lake.<br />
The trees will lean in, a lantern<br />
swinging over the water, the creaking of oars.<br />
Now we will learn the true names of the stars.<br />
Now we will know what the trees are saying.<br />
There is wood in the stove.<br />
We left the front door open.<br />
Does the farmhouse know<br />
that we're never coming back?</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 10px">Poem by Gary Lawless. Photo taken by Llyn in October 2010.</span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">599424022c22e7e019146c80e1e9774d</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Suddenly the peonies have come into their full adult beauty, [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/2010/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:08:11 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Suddenly the peonies have come into their full adult beauty, not strapping, but statuesque--the beauty of women, as Chekhov says, "with plump shoulders" and with long hair held precariously in place by a few stout pins. They are white, voluminous, and here and there display flecks of raspberry red on the edges of their fleshy, heavily scented petals.</p>
<p>These are not Protestant-work-ethic flowers. They loll about in gorgeousness; they live for art; they believe in excess. They are not quite decent, to tell the truth. Neighbors and strangers slow their cars to gawk.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.danedottir.com/BBC/WhitePeonies.jpg" rel="nofollow ugc">Click here to go to photo</a></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12px">From The Moment of Peonies, an essay by Jane Kenyon. Photo taken by Llyn in June 2010.</span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b2bed75e35bd3185fa6a04dff2b4cad1</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: lludwig, I was reading through some of the earlier posts on [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1760/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:44:54 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>lludwig</b>, I was reading through some of the earlier posts on the Board and noticed your query about how to stop certain posts from showing up in your FaceBook Newsfeed. You can hide a person or a story type (e.g., a quiz) by doing the following:</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12px"> Click the "x" that appears when you hover over a story you want to remove from your stream. Then, select an option from the drop-down menu:</span><br />
<span style="font-size: 10px">* "Hide this post" will remove the individual post from your stream.</span><br />
<span style="font-size: 10px">* "Hide all by [person's name]" will remove the post and prevent all future posts from that person.</span><br />
<span style="font-size: 10px">* "Hide all by [application's name]" will remove the post and prevent all future stories from that application.</span></p>
<p>Another way to manage this activity is to create Friend Lists to organize your friends on Facebook and create custom privacy settings. You can also use them to filter the stories you see in News Feed. Search "lists" at <a href="https://www.facebook.com/help" rel="nofollow ugc">https://www.facebook.com/help</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3d4c9b84dd2ad77b1bca388f0c10dcf0</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Kaye/Bouton, I use picnik.com, an online program.</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1615/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 23 Jul 2011 04:10:06 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Kaye/Bouton</b>, I use picnik.com, an online program.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1a4f3f7728febd785c0a6611fbc33eef</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Kathleen/Lludwig, The poem is When Your Last Parent Dies [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1604/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 23 Jul 2011 00:53:18 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Kathleen/Lludwig</b>, The poem is When Your Last Parent Dies by Luci Shaw. I am including it here with a photo I took about 5:15P tonight. I ignored the pouring rain and hauled out Dad's paint-stained ladder from the garage. I wasn't sure how I could make it speak to space, as it were, but I able to add some starry effects!</p>
<p><a href="http://www.danedottir.com/BBC/Ladder.jpg" rel="nofollow ugc">Click here to go to photo</a></p>
<p><b>When Your Last Parent Dies</b><br />
Move up to the top of the ladder.<br />
Looking down over your shoulder you can see<br />
the replicas from your own body crowding the rungs<br />
all the way down. Precarious, you teeter there<br />
on the final step with nothing in your hands<br />
to hold. They grab at emptiness. The glancing<br />
stars are falling all around you. Cosmic dust<br />
stings your eyes. There is no one above you<br />
to encompass the wideness of space. You<br />
are the final clasp that buckles<br />
earth to heaven. Somehow, you<br />
must hold up the ladder, heavy with life.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">92a30a065eb905a5edddf46160bd8db4</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Kathleen/Lludwig-- I love sharing my photos - I relish [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1537/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 22 Jul 2011 04:47:11 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Kathleen/Lludwig</b>-- I love sharing my photos - I relish making flowers and leaves "sing" and then finding the perfect quote/poem  to accompany them. Earlier this week I printed the dandelions in a 5x7 size (with the quote) to give the author Margaret MacPherson (a Canadian writer) when I visited her for evening tea (which turned out to be wine!).</p>
<p>Interesting about the Mennonite/Amish cookbooks. The only one I ever refer to is the Mennonite Community Cookbook by Mary Emma Showalter - growing up, that was the main cookbook everyone used. It is nostalgic for me, so I don't try it for new recipes, just the ones I baked with then. I also have some of the Food That Schmecks series by Edna Staebler and use her recipe for Angel Food Cake.</p>
<p><b>Nancy/N2O2T</b>--A raft of dandelions on some railroad tracks near where I live.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">260fbf7e53cf9c4c8a1f51a8910a8b86</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Diane/Furtima - My heart goes out to you in your time of [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1444/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 21 Jul 2011 04:20:12 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Diane/Furtima</b> - My heart goes out to you in your time of loss. There are some things that never, ever leave us. A mother's love is one of them. She will be with you - in spirit and in heart - forever.</p>
<p><b>Paula/Clementine30</b> - I miss my chats with my mother ... and her sweet face.</p>
<p><b>Acuity4u</b> - Also, a special hello from the northern climes!</p>
<p><b>Jan/Shibadiva</b>, <b>Patsy/Grano9</b> &amp; <b>Aegbooks</b> - Good to see you all too!</p>
<p>Now, I'm going to try a link! This will have to do for an illustrated post!</p>
<p> <a href="http://www.danedottir.com/BBC/Dandelions&amp;TrainTracks.jpg" rel="nofollow ugc">Click here to go to photo</a><br />
<center><span style="font-size: 12px">Everything in life is a perilous departure,</span></center><br />
<center><span style="font-size: 12px">because every life is a journey,</span></center><br />
<center><span style="font-size: 12px">even if you stay at home.</p>
<p></span></center><br />
<center><span style="font-size: 10px">Quote by Margaret MacPherson. Photo by Llyn taken May 20, 2011.</span></center></p>
<p>*If I mess the coding, I will delete the repost!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">87a787574f71b65ca97fb0598069813d</guid>
				<title>Danedottir posted an update: Thanks Nancy!</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1301/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 19 Jul 2011 03:13:18 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks Nancy!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">34fa046bf58adbe7907013db2fcd30ac</guid>
				<title>Llyn/Danedottir became a registered member</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/1296/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 19 Jul 2011 02:32:22 -0400</pubDate>

				
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>