<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Book Board Chat | TreasureMomz (Sam) | Activity</title>
	<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/members/treasuremomz/activity/</link>
	<atom:link href="http://www.bookboardchat.com/members/treasuremomz/activity/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for TreasureMomz (Sam).</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 20:25:56 -0400</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=11.3.1</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a106b5b038a207323db027684108f336</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Hi all! Jane just reminded me of this page so I had to stop [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/39391/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 25 Aug 2018 00:39:35 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi all! Jane just reminded me of this page so I had to stop by and check in. It's nice to "see" all of you again. </p>
<p>I feel really badly for those of you who are flooding. I don't want anyone to be in any danger, but I confess to a bit of jealousy. I'm not sure I remember what rain looks like. It has been years since I've seen a really good rain, other than when I visit my sister in Kentucky.</p>
<p>I've been keeping very busy, working for an attorney Monday through Thursday and then doing estate sales with Pam on the weekends. Have had a bit of a break lately, which has been nice. I can't do the 10-12 hour work days, 6-7 days a week like I used to haha.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4a8e5b023347bfcef0ed9d467c01b6ba</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: A late Merry Christmas to you all! I've been lurking but [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/36235/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 28 Dec 2016 00:05:24 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A late Merry Christmas to you all! I've been lurking but wanted to drop in with a PG-13 rated funny:</p>
<p>The Pfizer Corporation announced today that Viagra will soon be available in liquid form and this new product will be marketed by Pepsi Cola as a power beverage suitable for use as a mixer.</p>
<p>It will now be possible for a man to literally pour himself a stiff one. Obviously we can no longer call this a soft drink, and it gives new meaning to the names of cocktails, highballs and just a good old-fashioned stiff drink. Pepsi will market the new concoction by the name of: MOUNT &amp; DO.</p>
<p>Thought for the day...There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2025, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e4d15a4d22fb32e8fcf4820a9f2ac84a</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Thank you for the nice comments! I just posted several [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35980/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 27 Nov 2016 03:57:17 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you for the nice comments! I just posted several albums on Facebook for those of you who are interested in more photos. Unfortunately, I don't have a place to host photos anymore, so I don't have a way to link to them or post them here. Please feel free to go look on FB, or if someone wants to host a couple photos I can email them.</p>
<p>I did it! I managed to stay awake until 8pm PST. Now I can get ready an go to bed and dream of no jet lag...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c75712e3df4021f4cfc31dccc82d6680</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good afternoon from Southern California where it is (gasp!) [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35976/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 27 Nov 2016 00:24:22 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good afternoon from Southern California where it is (gasp!) chilly and raining. Wow, do we need that!</p>
<p>Well, the whirlwind trip is over.I thought of Jim (dainisjg) today as we flew over Anchorage on our way home. I thought it was interesting that rather than taking the direct route over the Pacific, we flew over land a lot of the way, each way. On the way out it was up the west coast of the US, across Alaska and down Russia, Mongolia and eastern Asia to Beijing. Then south to Seoul. We did the same in reverse on the way home. There is an in-flight entertainment screen on the back of the seats where you can watch movies, play games, or follow the flight information, including getting the names of places as you fly over them. Very interesting!</p>
<p>When we landed my DIL had us hit the ground running so we could stay up until bed time in Korea. It really seemed to help, as I didn't have any jet lag while I was there. We went right from the airport to hotel to drop off luggage and freshen up a bit, then to lunch, then to the Imperial palace in Seoul. It is so beautiful, and has a fascinating history. People who wear traditional Korean clothes (Hanbok) can get into the historical sites for free, so there were a lot of young ladies in beautiful flowing gowns walking around.Korea reminds me a bit of Poland in that it kept getting conquered and absorbed (for centuries) but has fiercely maintained a rich culture and pride in their country.</p>
<p>The second day we went to the DMZ (demilitarized zone) between North and South Korea. The DMZ is 3 miles across so you can't really see the North Korean border. The area is a strange combination of memorial, museum, military instillation and amusement park (there is actually an amusement park there, with rides.) Something I didn't realize was the existence of the infiltration tunnels. Even as the cease fire was on and peace talks continued, the North Koreans were digging tunnels under the DMZ toward Seoul. The intention was to be able to get troops out behind the South Korean troops in case of an invasion. They have found 4 large tunnels, but the suspicion is there could be dozens. We were allowed to go down into one. They are very deep down, and wide enough for 4 soldiers across to run through. They had to be deep to try to keep the blasting secret. Even so, several were discovered because soldiers top side could here 'pops' of dynamite down below. The tour was very interesting in that there was constant talk of the evils of North Korea, seasoned with an equal amount of hope for eventual reunification.</p>
<p>After some shopping back in Seoul we took the bullet train to Daejeon where we checked into our hotel and then were treated to a feast by DILs parents. We talked and ate and laughed and discussed wedding plans until we finally had to back to the hotel where we collapsed, exhausted.</p>
<p>The rest of the time was spent with shopping and wedding preparations. We ordered Hanbok (pronounced Hahn-boke - with a very soft k sound, almost silent like a stoppage of sound and air at the back of your throat), tuxedos and western style wedding gown, all rented. </p>
<p>The wedding was fascinating! Ah Young (DIL) wanted a combination of east/west so she and DS created the ceremony.<br />
Prelude: (Traditional) The parents and groom all stand outside the hall and receive guests as they come in the door. Guests and parents/groom thank each other for coming/being there, bow, and then guest goes to a desk where they give a cash give in an envelop which is provided at the desk (I believe the gift is also counted and logged right there). Guest then receives a meal ticket for the buffet reception after. Guests then file in to the wedding hall. They sit at round tables, not in rows with aisles. The wedding takes place on a raised stage, and the aisle where wedding parties enter is a raised runway. Bride and groom's moms are seated at a bench on either side of the stage.</p>
<p>There are assistants EVERYWHERE, guiding everyone where they are supposed to be, firmly pressing a hand to your back if you aren't walking fast enough, aiding people up and down stairs to the stage, constantly arranging bridal gown so photos are perfect (they are taken throughout the ceremony).</p>
<p>Beginning: The moms (in unison) are guided up on to the stage where we each light a candle in the center floral arrangement, groom's mom first, on the groom's side; bride's mom next. Then we come around to the front of the candles, turn to each other and bow, slowly and deep (90 degrees); then we are guided to the front center of the stage where we turn and bow deeply in unison to the audience. Audience claps and we are escorted to our seats on the aforementioned bench.</p>
<p>Groom and his dad enter down the runway. Here Ah Young wanted to highlight their love for movies and our lighthearted sense of humor, so she had them enter to the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme, and DS smiled and waved the whole time. Dad and son hugged and high-fived at the "altar" and DH was directed to bow at audience (applause). He then was guided to sit down next to me.</p>
<p>Bride and dad enter down the runway (I don't know the name of the movie theme she used - it was a Chinese movie). They hugged, DS bowed to FIL, he put DIL's hand in DS's. Then FIL bowed to audience (applause) and was guided to sit next to MIL.</p>
<p>Next, bride and groom bow to audience (applause). Then they are escorted down to the bride's parents where the bride and groom bow to parents (groom down on knees, head to floor). Then parents hug bride and groom. Bride and groom are then escorted up to stage and down to our side, where we skip the bowing and do a group hug.</p>
<p>Grooms dad (my DH) is guided up and did traditional "Do you, Garrett..." vows for the couple. After each phrase, the announcer translated into Korean. After "you may kiss the bride" there was scattered, confused applause (I'm thinking the Korean audience wasn't used to this part). DH is guided down to sit with me.</p>
<p>Bride's dad is escorted up to the couple, where he gives a moving speech in Korean, which announcer translates into English. He bows to audience (applause) and is escorted back to wife.</p>
<p>Ah Young loves the father-daughter dance we do at American receptions, but they don't do party style receptions so she incorporated it into the ceremony. So first I was escorted up and danced with DS, then I sat and Ah Young danced with her dad, then Ah Young and Garrett dance. </p>
<p>Announcer announces it's over, bride and groom bow to audience to much applause, and the guests file out to the most incredible buffet spread I have ever seen. Bridal party stays behind for photos, then bride and groom change into traditional formal hanbok and we are moved into a traditionally decorated room with floor cushions where formal photos are taken.</p>
<p>After photos we go in to reception room and make the rounds. Some of the guests at the party are the mayor, chairman of local Citibank, owner of the hotel we stayed in, owner of the hotel the wedding took place in, etc. That told us something of the circles they move in. No wonder they take trips to Easter Island, Macchu Picchu, go horseback riding in Mongolia, etc. Wow...</p>
<p>The wedding started at 5:30 pm. After the dinner there is no party, dancing or reception to speak of. Everyone gets plenty of food, beer and soju, then goes home. We had an after-party in a suite rented to entertain all of the guests who came in from other countries. I was ecstatic to see Mikako (our Japanese exchange student from 10 years ago) again. It was like we had never been apart. She also told us she just found out she's expecting. A very happy surprise for us! We partied there until 1:30am, then went back to our hotel room, showered, finished packing and got on a shuttle van at 3:00am to begin the long trek home.</p>
<p>We're settled in, ready for some pizza and try to stay awake until bed time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will check in later.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2245c59b8388894944cdc84ff672125a</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good morning from Daejeon South Korea, where it is a [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35944/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 22 Nov 2016 22:44:43 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good morning from Daejeon South Korea, where it is a not-so-brisk-as-Anchorage 26 degrees. We had a lovely two days in Seoul, visiting the Imperial palace, seeing the city and taking a tour of the DMZ (demilitarized zone). Last night we took the bullet train to Daejeon, where my son's in laws live. The mom prepared us a feast and we ate and laughed all night.</p>
<p>Today, wedding preparations! Will check in later...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">56dc9c9251700fe6fb11cc75e06be7a6</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good morning from SoCal, where it finally feels like fall. [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35919/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 19 Nov 2016 15:51:25 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good morning from SoCal, where it finally feels like fall. It's downright chilly, and the heater actually came on in the house.</p>
<p>Tonight at midnight DH, DD and I leave for Korea for DS's wedding. First, a 13 hour flight from LAX to Beijing, then a 3 hour layover, then a 2 hour flight from Beijing to Incheon (Seoul). that's 18 hours of travel time. Take into account the time difference and we arrive at noon on Monday. We'll spend the day in Incheon (or maybe Seoul) and then do the 3 hour drive to Daejeon the next day. This is all very exciting, but 13 hours on one plane is a long time! I know Jim-the-board-resident-world-traveler is a pro at this, but I confess to being a bit overwhelmed and anxious. One really cool thing about the travel is when we come home we arrive a half hour after we left. Traveling across date lines is kind of mind boggling. </p>
<p>DS is marrying a lovely girl, and marrying into a great family. They came here a couple of weeks ago and stayed for a week. We speak no Korean and they speak no English. Ah Young (my DIL) did all the translating for 12 people. She had her work cut out for her but did a great job. There was lots of fun and laughter. We also got to take her 4 and 6 year old nieces trick-or-treating. They were VERY excited about that, since they 1) don't do Halloween there, and 2) don't eat much candy. Every time I told the candy-dispensing person at the door they came all the way from Korea to go trick-or-treating, they dumped an extra hand-full in the little girls' bags. Their eyes got so HUGE, and soon they were saying, "Sank-oo!" before running off to the next house. Excellent first English word(s)!</p>
<p>The wedding is on Thursday. My DIL asked if I want to wear traditional Korean clothing (Hanbok)<br />
<a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=hanbok+wedding&#038;rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS448US448&#038;espv=2&#038;biw=1366&#038;bih=672&#038;source=lnms&#038;tbm=isch&#038;sa=X&#038;ved=0ahUKEwjTt6-uk7XQAhUCj1QKHXnzDyMQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&#038;q=hanbok+mother+dress+wedding" rel="nofollow ugc">https://www.google.com/search?q=hanbok+wedding&#038;rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS448US448&#038;espv=2&#038;biw=1366&#038;bih=672&#038;source=lnms&#038;tbm=isch&#038;sa=X&#038;ved=0ahUKEwjTt6-uk7XQAhUCj1QKHXnzDyMQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&#038;q=hanbok+mother+dress+wedding</a><br />
It's so beautiful! It's also going to make my rather large American body look that much more bulky, but I can live with that if it makes Ah Young happy 🙂<br />
Just in case they don't have any big enough for me, I bought a long formal dress as a back-up. If I don't need it I can always return it.</p>
<p>This will be the first time in my adult life I haven't spent 3 days cooking for Thanksgiving. I'm kind of excited about that! With all the excitement we have had this fall, plus starting a new full-time job AND continuing to do estate sales, I may carry that through and not do Christmas either. No decorating, no big meals. Just finish off the year relaxing with family.</p>
<p>FB friends: please don't mention any of this on Facebook. I don't want to advertise online that we will be away from the house for a week. I'll post pics when we get back.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8afbc7ecfd3c86b1af71a4d953e50251</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Jane, it's on a local FB group. If your daughter wants it, [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35358/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:39:58 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Jane, it's on a local FB group. If your daughter wants it, let me know and I'll try and get it.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">eaee82150ddf5d3c36ab51d33f959b65</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Mysteryhorse, I saw this and thought of Sunshine Girl. [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/35354/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 20 Aug 2016 15:22:18 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Mysteryhorse</b>, I saw this and thought of Sunshine Girl. Someone locally is selling it NIB for $20, twin size:<br />
<a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=snurk+equestrian+horse+duvet&#038;prmd=sivn&#038;source=lnms&#038;tbm=shop&#038;sa=X&#038;ved=0ahUKEwjYh57CpdDOAhVDWSYKHYB5ArIQ_AUIBygB&#038;biw=1024&#038;bih=671" rel="nofollow ugc">https://www.google.com/search?q=snurk+equestrian+horse+duvet&#038;prmd=sivn&#038;source=lnms&#038;tbm=shop&#038;sa=X&#038;ved=0ahUKEwjYh57CpdDOAhVDWSYKHYB5ArIQ_AUIBygB&#038;biw=1024&#038;bih=671</a></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0954564cbe6e5117872688d42a2abc5c</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Got it, thanks!</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34727/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Jun 2016 13:32:10 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Got it, thanks!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7d7cbab2b18eec80adaf6996c73cfaef</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, did you get my email sent through the book board chat [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34725/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 02 Jun 2016 03:18:40 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth, did you get my email sent through the book board chat message system?</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">de9e9f9b7b9e5e35314c00259c2dfd6f</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, see your messages. I would love to get your student's [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34660/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 27 May 2016 23:06:15 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth, see your messages. I would love to get your student's info to send a card.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2aee5f20698c6d303f917655839f4f60</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: As usually happens, my 15 minutes turned into an hour and [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34479/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 10 May 2016 16:27:48 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>As usually happens, my 15 minutes turned into an hour and 15. I got a big pile out of my laundry room and packed up a set of my own china to go to our next estate sale. My family never wants to use nice china, even on special  holidays. They contend it's more fun to spend time together and eat on the cheap stuff that we can throw in the dishwasher, rather than having to hand wash. They have a point. I miss the pretty table, but at the end of a long day it's nice to not have so much clean up.</p>
<p>One game of solitaire, then I think I'll try and tackle some paperwork. Or not.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">6c16d4e635d2601432037c2e5b3e3697</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: June, congrats on finding your blackjack game. I know how [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34477/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 10 May 2016 15:08:51 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>June, congrats on finding your blackjack game. I know how you feel. Spider Solitaire is my time wasting addiction. My house gets neglected when I'm working on so many estate sales. Now I have one day off and I'm battling the desire to sit in my PJs and play vs the need to get organized and get caught up on paperwork. I'm going to hit 'post', set a 15 minute timer, get started on being responsible and see what I can accomplish in that time.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d5623a7599f3b194859c25ecc4da2c7c</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth pretty much hit the nail on the head, re end of estate [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34421/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 03 May 2016 19:45:58 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth pretty much hit the nail on the head, re end of estate sale.</p>
<p>We used to try and get the remains donated to non-profits so we could present the family with a donation form for tax purposes. That ended up being a nightmare because the non-profits out here have become very picky. They will cherry pick the best items and leave you with a house full of "remains". Then the estate would have to pay to have that removed. The process was very time consuming and the receipt didn't usually make up for the cash loss in the clients' minds.</p>
<p>We offer the option of taking a lower commission on the sale and walk away at the end leaving the family to deal with the remainder, but most families decide against that. The whole reason they hire us is so they won't have to deal with it.</p>
<p>Some estate sale companies in our area have in the contract that the remaining items become their property at the end of the sale and they will remove it. Pam and I feel that's a conflict of interest, as the estate company can then price the nicer items so high they don't sell. Then those items become property of the estate sale people who can sell later at a lower price and keep 100% of the profit, rather than just a commission on the sale. If we want something at the estate sale we pay the same price as all the other customers do. Our only bonus is we get first choice, and we get to shop first on the discount days (the night before).</p>
<p>In SoCal it is getting more and more difficult to find 'buy out' people. Most of them now charge to haul away anything left in the house. We found some wonderful people who pay a lump sum based on what is there and they haul it all away, the good with the bad. If there is a lot of bad they may pay nothing, or even charge. It depends on how much money they feel they can make at flea markets, weighed against their costs of removal and storage. They are very fair, and we try to make sure there is not much "junk" or trash by the time they get there. We do free Craigslist ads for difficult to sell items, and we do many trips to the dumpster during sale prep if there is a lot of trash in the house.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">981c549197243d2fcc3b54a84a4aa941</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: June, Beth, that's a good strategy for estate sales. When [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/34398/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 01 May 2016 05:08:07 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>June, Beth, that's a good strategy for estate sales. When Pam and I are organizing estate sales we are trying to keep in mind the best interests of our client, which is to make as much money as possible. We tell them the way to do that is a good balance between higher prices and the ultimate goal of getting  everything out he door. Our strategy is to set first day prices so that collectors will be happy to pay full price and dealers will be very tempted. We get a lot of dealers spread out through the day the first day, buying a few things and scoping out what they want to come back for on discount day. Also, later in the day on discount day we have been known to do even a little better pricing if someone is buying a lot. It never hurts to ask...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f08313890c6d967e38ead6b61c2094b2</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, the steroids cause their own "stuff". I'm glad your [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/32496/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 30 Oct 2015 00:37:03 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Beth</b>, the steroids cause their own "stuff". I'm glad your son's doctor is being cautious with them. After some of her episodes my sister said the steroid treatment was almost worse than the disease flare up. She sent her daughter to live with me over an entire summer because they had her on high doses of steroids and she was struggling with being over-stimulated, much like in autism. Sis couldn't handle an active pre-teen and sent her to me.</p>
<p>Happy birthday <b>Chris! </b></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ef1082e89d90ed8eff6e34336c30a300</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, I'm so sorry about your son's diagnosis. I know the [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/32489/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 28 Oct 2015 23:42:09 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Beth</b>, I'm so sorry about your son's diagnosis. I know the progression is different with each person, but even "devastating episodes" don't have to be completely devastating. My sister was diagnosed 29 years ago. She was only 29. Her first episode (that we recognized as such) back then was horrible. She lost all bodily control and needed 24 hour care for about a week. They treated her heavily with steroids. She has had several episodes since then, sometimes several within the same year, also requiring steroids. She usually recovers nearly to where she started. Though her disease has progressed and her health has declined somewhat, she gets along very well; still walking - just not fast or far. She hates the weekly Avonex injections but they have been miraculous for her.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">81e0d96ca2f95e7b2604a385e4e6a144</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good evening from a blistering Southern California. It is in [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31998/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2015 01:09:22 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good evening from a blistering Southern California. It is in the upper 90s and low 100s and has been for awhile. Not only that, it's actually humid due to storm activity in the Pacific. Even us transplants from the east are complaining, since we can't say "at least it's a dry heat." My electricity bill this month was a staggering $600+. It has been high before, but never that high. The AC runs a lot more now that the adult kids are back in the house. Time for them to foot some of the bills...</p>
<p>It is very common in this area for homes  not to even have AC because we are in relatively temperate coastal towns. For those people without AC these few weeks in July through September are absolutely miserable. We live several miles from the ocean so when we bought the house 20 years ago we insisted on the AC. I'm glad we did. I'm also REALLY glad our clients for this weekend's estate sale have AC. They are in San Juan Capistrano, which is about 5 miles up the road from here and a minimum of 5 degrees warmer on a hot day. It's been 101-103 the past few days, so staging and pricing the patio has been a bear. Pricing stickers are wanting to curl and come off. Estate sales are poorly attended when it's really hot out, so all my ads mention the AC in the title - ha! I think I may add "Air Conditioned" to our signs, too. Remember when motels and restaurants along the highway proudly displayed signs when they had AC? </p>
<p>The next estate sale is in a mobile home, also in San Juan. The AC is broken and it was 88 indoors before noon today. We left a message for the realtor because if they can't get the AC working, everything inside that place is going to mildew.</p>
<p>So has everyone heard of the Salmonella outbreak? It has apparently been pretty bad (as Salmonella outbreaks go) in Southern California. Unfortunately, Pam and her family appear to be in the statistics. They had a lovely dinner at a nice restaurant in L.A. on Sunday and were sick by Monday. Her daughter is the only one who didn't get violently ill. Apparently the salmon crostini had cucumber on it, and the DD is the only one who didn't eat it. The restaurant is currently denying any issues, though their Washington DC restaurant has had 9 reported cases. Pam's future SIL called his doctor, who insisted he come in immediately, and then insisted on calling the restaurant and the CDC. Pam and her DH have Kaiser, who told them don't  bother coming in since there is nothing we can do for you anyway. Sheesh! Last I heard Pam and the DH were going in to urgent care anyway not because they are THAT sick (the worst is past) but because if it is salmonella they want the CDC and the restaurant to know. That Kaiser makes me SO mad...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5f60c7295f7e34ef10ad9729d0600ee7</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I knew my choice of the word 'guilt' might  spark some [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31869/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 27 Aug 2015 04:29:51 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I knew my choice of the word 'guilt' might  spark some kind-hearted defense but I chose it anyway.  Guilt is the first response the women of our family feel to everything. I'm guessing it has been passed down for centuries. My philosophical musings on guilt: It's funny how closely guilt and pride can be linked; you can really only feel guilt over every situation if you somehow deem yourself capable or responsible for the outcome of said situation. Control freak much?</p>
<p>Anyhoo, it is my instintual response and I have learned to allow myself that. I try it on, 'taste' it, process my reaction, take action if the guilt was legitimate and move on if it wasn't. It's part of the process of letting go, so I won't deny it, nor will I allow it power over me. Thank you though, for the kind words.</p>
<p>JoAnne and Diane,  what you went through in caring for your family members was very inspirational for me. I deeply admire you both.</p>
<p>Mysteryhorse, I love the pics. They give me such a smile. I'm guessing you will soon be the POINO (proud owner in name only) of a Sunshine Pony.</p>
<p>Jim, so sorry about the course changes. I too would be very disappointed, thought I do hope to visit Busan some day</p>
<p>Wondering about how Ebozo and Dadkat are doing...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9b8ae6f1a8cbf56d84190b217e16b9ca</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, that's difficult to answer. It's an odd mix of [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31856/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 26 Aug 2015 01:35:37 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Beth</b>, that's difficult to answer. It's an odd mix of missing her terribly, relief at the eased burden and easing of the constant worry about her, and guilt for feeling relieved. I still jump sometimes, thinking I need to hurry to be home by 11:30 or 4:30 to get her meals, only to remember I won't need to do that anymore, ever. Then I get that flash of sadness/relief again. Some days I work from 6:00am til 10:00pm just because I can. And because I can't believe how much got neglected as my priorities had to shift over the years.</p>
<p>My sister is wonderful with mom, and she is so happy to have her. Since she has MS and is unable to work much, she and mom get to spend lots of time together and (bonus) mom has someone to worry about who will listen when she says, "aren't you exhausted? Come sit a while." Mom is also having a great time. The true test will be when the weather gets cold. My sister has a more rustic home than I (made of 150+ year old logs) and mom shivers and bundles up when the inside temp drops below 78. We shall see how it goes when the snow comes...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c6f90238e0c01362dba5ef50ef227f43</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Diane, that breaks my heart. He has been terribly ill for [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31853/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2015 23:08:08 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Diane</b>, that breaks my heart. He has been terribly ill for years, since his last supervisory job here in California exposed him to toxic chemicals in treated lumber. He was never able to go back to work and never fully recovered.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">680abddd547337599f3bac6a13291a6b</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Sandy, that is so scary. The last time mom was in the [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31612/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 05 Aug 2015 01:38:22 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Sandy</b>, that is so scary. The last time mom was in the hospital her 'sundowner' was so bad she completely lost touch with reality. She thought she was in Europe and was being held against her will in a makeshift "hospital" in the basement of her hotel. She was very relieved when she saw me "step off the train" and come to her door. They usually seem to come back to reality like your dad did. I hope we don't have too many troubles with the travel.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">23159d39a2d47cd5cb9b72f331f9cf75</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Flying to Nashville tomorrow with mom. It will be a long day [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31608/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 05 Aug 2015 00:57:32 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Flying to Nashville tomorrow with mom. It will be a long day so we will stay in a motel on Nashville before driving to Kentucky on Thursday. Mom had a last appointment with her doctor here, and then a parade of people in to say goodbye. There is no question this is the right choice, but it is emotionally much harder than I expected. I am not a particularly emotional person, but I'm a mess! I need to pull it together before we leave tomorrow, because mom is like a little child in that her ability to deal with circumstances is directly tied to my level of calm. No tears are allowed until I'm on the plane back to CA a week from tomorrow. </p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1c7a6179f7e38e06982a8a17750121c6</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Diane, I knew your mom had been with you a long time. I was [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31542/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 01 Aug 2015 02:08:34 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>Diane</b>, I knew your mom had been with you a long time. I was curious but also afraid to ask. I did great with mom for about 5 1/2 years, but the last 6 months were really hard and I felt like I was losing myself. Mom is super emotionally (and physically) needy, but we didn't have any really major quirks like you describe. I deeply admire you. And you, <b>JoAnne</b>. It sounds like your MIL was a real challenge. Mom's freaking out a bit about the move, and going through a lot of Valium. I'm glad I will be with her for a week when she gets to Kentucky, but I'm also confident my sister will do great with her. There are two people in the world who can read mom's mind (her most basic need), and my sister is one of them 🙂</p>
<p>Went to an auction on Wednesday and had great fun. We bought 3 lots of junk that will bring in a few dollars. 2 of them were wrapped up tight and were a "mystery" but the junk was stored in good Rubbermade tubs that made it worth our while even if they were filled with trash. Fortunately there was not too much trash, though some did go to the dumpster. We didn't find any real treasures this week, but we got quite a bit of good, general estate sale stock that we can "fluff up" our skimpier estate sales with. We don't normally stock estate sales, but if they don't have enough to generate interest we will dig out things to add. Now we have more 🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9ebd7acf274a29ad72581f42c1c10261</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I'm happy with the decision we made with mom. My sister [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31521/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:14:50 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I'm happy with the decision we made with mom. My sister really misses her and is ready to take this on. She doesn't work outside the home so she will have the time mom needs. Her husband is also onboard. He is a very kindhearted man.</p>
<p>Realtors here want the home decluttered, but furnished and staged. They want some magical solution involving getting rid of anything they think will not add to the value of the house without holding a sale. Maybe I should recommend to the larger firms that they invest in buying storage facilities and offer temporary storage of misc items as an incentive to choose their firm. Hmm...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">cdd9edb9589757060d13ec31cd43ca75</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: LOVE seeing pics of the Sunshine Kids!

Big doings at our [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31516/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:53:58 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>LOVE seeing pics of the Sunshine Kids!</p>
<p>Big doings at our house. Next week (on her 94th birthday) mom and I are flying to Kentucky, where she will be moving in with my sister. Mom has lived with us for over 6 years and we have loved having her, but I need to work and mom needs more care than we can give her. She has been in a board and care home for two months, but even there she gets depressed and then has physical problems if I don't tend to her every day. It's a lovely private home with compassionate care givers who tend to five senior residents, but for mom, only family will do 🙂</p>
<p>Pam and I are preparing for several estate sales right now, only one of which is actually on the calendar. Unfortunately, that one is scheduled for August 7&amp;8, while I'm out of town, so I'm going to miss the fun. The others are all waiting for the homes to go into escrow. Nowadays, realtors insist on keeping the house staged for sale so they don't want the estate sale to happen until after it's sold. Inevitably, the buyer ends up wanting a short escrow so the realtors try to get us to do the sale with no preparation or time for advance advertising. Most of the time, the seller agrees with us and insists on the full 30 day escrow so we can make the most of the sale. Realtors often don't realize that though the house represents the biggest financial value, the belongings inside represent a lifetime of memories. Though they can't keep everything, the seller wants it treated like the treasure trove it represents to them.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">0ac9898509af8ee6fa7717ee0834bf13</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Oh, it is a different Eileen than what I was thinking! My [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31510/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 28 Jul 2015 00:01:03 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Oh, it is a different Eileen than what I was thinking! My apologies if you are still lurking <b>Eileen</b>! The last time you posted was your birthday, last year so drop in (and Happy Birthday!)</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">190c4c382eea1a6d2f6e8af4126e5b34</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I don't think so; I think that's just my bad spelling.</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31509/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2015 23:54:44 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I don't think so; I think that's just my bad spelling.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9809b134e1758c4de5963aa7553d68b2</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I think webmaster has Ilene and Kathy's birthdays reversed. [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31507/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:59:07 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I think webmaster has Ilene and Kathy's birthdays reversed. Ilene is earlier (the 6th, I think?) and Kathy's is the 27th.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7e6c93546fe62db408d9c02cb5690873</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good morning, all,

Happy Birthday to Casinokat!</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31498/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:47:24 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good morning, all,</p>
<p>Happy Birthday to <b>Casinokat!</b></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a19d77148fb5f0a7cfb0d31096bacac6</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Diane, how about Jin Hua for your Chinese lady? It [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31297/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 09 Jul 2015 00:58:47 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Diane, how about Jin Hua for your Chinese lady? It translates as Golden Flower in my Google translate.</p>
<p>Jim, I'm sorry you will miss Busan (Pusan). My son says it is a wonderful city, his favorite place in Korea. My understanding is the food there is outstanding and famous in Korea, similar in fame to Hokkaido food in Japan</p>
<p>JoAnn, haha on the Fels-Naptha mouth wash-out. Scary thought, that!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">af4e1de5d0b2bff767ec11afa0e9e4a2</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Hi all,

I haven't checked in for awhile, so I'm off to [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31296/</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 09 Jul 2015 00:22:31 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi all,</p>
<p>I haven't checked in for awhile, so I'm off to scroll. First though:<br />
I think we have CasinoKat's birthday wrong in the records. Her B-day is the 27th.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">dd03d88b2e2767057d81204d44ffee44</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Thanks Sandy, I did that, first as "Estate Sales", then [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31142/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:14:02 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thanks Sandy, I did that, first as "Estate Sales", then shared as myself. Anyone on FB, I would appreciate any likes or shares of that post, especially from folks near Pennsylvania. I'm hoping some of Mr. Springer's family will see it.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1f79e71b79c8bca6f22ac0cfda69ce07</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: A challenge for my genealogically-inclined friends:

At the [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31136/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2015 00:57:57 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>A challenge for my genealogically-inclined friends:</p>
<p>At the house where our next estate sale is happening (this Friday) I came across a military (army?) uniform that didn't belong to any of the members of this family. I was just going to sell it until I found a name and social security number written inside the helmet. I don't belong to Ancestry.com or any genealogy websites, but I confirmed the social security number belongs to a Robert A. Springer, formerly of Pennsylvania. The SSN was issued between 1958 and 1960 and the death certificate was issued 1/23/07. My job at this estate sale is to make money for the heirs, but if I can find Mr. Springer's family within the next week before the sale I'm sure these folks would agree with me it would be good to get this uniform to his family.</p>
<p>If anyone is interested in taking up a quick search, message me and I can also provide the SSN. I don't want to post it on the board. </p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">06eb6ccf019827bdb61327b5f65a42cc</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Hi All,

Well, Pam is off to Cancun for a family vacation [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/31032/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 14 Jun 2015 05:35:19 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>Well, Pam is off to Cancun for a family vacation and she will miss the best estate sale we have had in awhile. I told her I would be fine without her but she would rather be here than in Cancun, probably because the vacation is with her in-laws, haha. We have fun working together so I will miss her, but I hope she has fun.</p>
<p>Here's a link to the ad so you can enjoy the pictures: </p>
<p><a href="http://www.estatesales.net/CA/Huntington-Beach/92647/836865" rel="nofollow ugc">http://www.estatesales.net/CA/Huntington-Beach/92647/836865</a></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">db0b348488a563b436061aacd2a44e28</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Happy birthday, bookdelle!!</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30854/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 31 May 2015 01:15:16 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Happy birthday, bookdelle!!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e8cec4813af232d1026e092f7c1f2b5a</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Good morning. It has been lovely here for the past week - [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30810/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2015 15:51:30 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good morning. It has been lovely here for the past week - cool and overcast with occasional drizzle. In any other climate this would probably be considered dreary, but knowing we have relentless, cloudless sunshine and heat coming soon and lasting for months, I am enjoying every minute of this. Truly, from late spring through the fall the sky here has not one wisp of cloud. Strange that that can seem oppressive, but it gets that way, at least for me.</p>
<p>I really feel for everyone in the states with so much rain and flooding. I wish California could take some of that off their hands. We sure need it.</p>
<p>We have been on the hunt for more care for mom. She really feels like she is a burden to us and she wants to move out, so we have been looking at Board and Care homes. I love having her around, but I also feel like she now needs more care than I can provide, especially since I need to work. We found a great place about a mile from my house. The home is lovely; the owners and caregivers are open and kind, and the residents and their families speak very highly of it. We visited for lunch yesterday and mom had a wonderful time. She even sang along when one of the caregivers pulled out a guitar and sang. Now to determine if she/we can afford it...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ad36cbf67fb6d952b0aff77f2ef9d7c5</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Paula, re: Miley, I agree. I think that's why I was [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30795/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 26 May 2015 15:49:55 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Paula, re: Miley, I agree. I think that's why I was surprised that there was some actual talent there. I often look at people in that situation and feel deep pity for them. Fame seems to utterly destroy some people. They are a product to be marketed, whatever the cost. I look at her, Amanda Bynes and several other stars raised under the thumb of The Mouse as modern examples. Then back to Judy Garland and what they did to her to keep her marketable as long as possible. I often wonder how some people (Shirley Temple-Black comes to mind) manage to survive and thrive after growing up in show business.</p>
<p>Re hospitals asking about domestic violence: back in the 1970s my mom did what you only see in movies. She actually stepped on the tines of a heavy garden rake, causing it to swing up. The handle whacked her hard in the face, nearly knocking her out and badly blackening her eye. She was too dizzy to drive and I was too young, so she put an ice pack on it and waited for my dad to get home from work to take her to the ER. She laughed as she told them what happened but they didn't believe her. Several nurses asked her several different times to tell the story and they finally sent my dad out of the room and explained that she was in a safe place and they would protect her if she told the truth. They never did believe her and reluctantly sent her home with my dad. I wonder how many, if any, of them continued to worry about mom into the future. Too bad my parents didn't take me along to confirm the story, though that may not even have helped...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">956c7a82975387edd23413a491ba9715</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Funny you bring up Miley, Paula. DD made me listen to some [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30757/</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 24 May 2015 17:01:57 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Funny you bring up Miley, Paula. DD made me listen to some of her music, including a cover of her godmother Dolly Parton's song, Jolene. I was surprised at her vocal strength and talent.</p>
<p>I had a client once who, whenever she bought a new refrigerator, had it delivered to her local auto body shop to be painted purple and then had it delivered to her. All her adult life she owned a purple refrigerator.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3a51267408103e2c25ec2b6f13a2466a</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Sandy, retirement sounds great but I can't imagine it [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30525/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 06 May 2015 04:15:02 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Sandy, retirement sounds great but I can't imagine it happening in my lifetime haha.</p>
<p>Family squabbles are so sad. I can't imagine that happening in my family. My older sister is executrix of the estate and was dads primary caregiver until he passed at the end of February. My other sister took care of both parents for seven years befor we moved mom to CA and my sister had to move out of state. I've been looking after mom for about nine years, the past six of which she has lived in our house. We have all "done our time", loving and caring for our parents. Right now mom feels like she's a heavy burden to me so she wants to be sure I get most of the estate. She forgets how amazing my sisters have been through the years. Rather than arguing the point, after reminding her how fabulous they are I just tell her they have agreed I should get the most. That makes her happy. When she passes we of course split anything left of mom and dads estate equally.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">61e3089efa1b2371adb9744aaf80069f</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Yay, Beth! Love the updates.

Dan and Paula, have a good [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30217/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:00:16 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Yay, Beth! Love the updates.</p>
<p>Dan and Paula, have a good time! I expect a full report.</p>
<p> I also don't change based on what I'm told is now in or out. I'm so bad everything is usually threadbare (or worse) before I finally replace it. </p>
<p>Taxes done. What a relief!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e0d8598a01fd1a211f6df6c152e0d1d7</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, that's fantastic! If he needs anything else, please [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30157/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 08 Apr 2015 03:36:37 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth, that's fantastic! If he needs anything else, please let me know. I wasn't able to contribute at the time everyone else was.</p>
<p>Mysteryhorse, I hope you feel better soon.</p>
<p>June, I'm jealous. I spend a lot of time looking at the lock or gazing out the window. I sleep much more soundly than I used to when the kids were young. Back then I would wake up at every house creak and sometimes at the sound of the cat walking across the bedroom carpet.</p>
<p>Trying to get ready for taxes. This year we have to figure DH's job, Treasuremomz, Estate Sales by Sam and Pam and Comcycle. Sigh...</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f2c34a64bbdbceac4ac98681b8a7745f</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Reading all the trials and tribulations of renting and [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30143/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 07 Apr 2015 03:41:53 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Reading all the trials and tribulations of renting and living in apartments and condos makes me chuckle because here in SoCal we have what I call "condo houses". Real estate is crazy expensive out here and houses are built practically on top of each other. Even larger houses. I know some people who are in 4500+ square feet and they are still only about 20 feet from their next door neighbor. It's crazy. We live on a cul de sac so all the yards are pie shaped. We are far from the noise of the neighbor to our right, but the neighbor on the left is very close. Unfortunately, she is the pet lover of the street. She has 2 or 3 dogs and (sigh...) a pair of cockatoos. Not cockatiels (the cute, small ones) but cockatoos - the parrot-sized birds that are very intelligent and easily bored. They squawk and screech all day, and when the weather is nice she puts them out on perches on her patio. Unfortunately they quickly get bored and started screeching/screaming. The neighbors have shut themselves inside the house with the AC on, and I'm trying to get something accomplished and keep cool with all the doors and windows open so I get to hear the screeching, while she doesn't. She's a very sweet lady, but she tunes them out and can't understand why we get irritated. After a long day at work, when the sun is going down and the breeze is pleasant (and we're tired) I would really like to open our doors and windows, sit and enjoy a quiet dinner. That is very hard to do with those birds. She just doesn't get it.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f9a259a5bed738e72b1d4a494e4dd6df</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: aegbooks, thanks! We have fun with it. Pam and I have been [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30097/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:51:20 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><b>aegbooks</b>, thanks! We have fun with it. Pam and I have been spending mornings tag-team listing. She comes over so I don't have to leave mom. She writes the listings and saves them in drafts (one of eBay's improvements I *love*); I take photos, input them in the listings, double check everything and start the listing. Things go much faster and it never gets boring. We can chat while we work. I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm doing eBay listings by myself I burn out rather quickly and really hate it after about 3-4 hours. When we can both do it it's not bad at all. We still only work at it a couple of hours because we have other organizing, estate sale pricing, shipping and (for me anyway) mom duties. Oh, and we each have our other job lol.</p>
<p><b>Beth</b>, it's fun to get updates on your Barbie sales. Great investment!</p>
<p><b>Jane</b>, so sorry about your sickness! That's not fun at all. This is the time of year I get plagued by allergies. I'm not sure what I'm allergic to, but it makes me cough, makes my nose run and really messes up my eustachian tubes so I get muffled hearing, occasional vertigo and lose my balance. It gets a little worse every year, and this year was terrible after flying to Florida for my dad's memorial. My left ear was completely muffled for almost 3 weeks, though there was no wax in it. It's somewhat better now but the GP suggests I go see an ENT. I'm wondering if I should go to an allergist.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9a00d994255b617cd10349644cd653c7</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Our top 5 for March:

$400 Vtg Estate Custom Men's 14k gold [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30081/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2015 08:26:26 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Our top 5 for March:</p>
<p>$400 Vtg Estate Custom Men's 14k gold diamonds sapphire X ring<br />
$ 49.99 WWII R-14 Receiver US Army Signal Corps Pilot Tanker Helmet Head Set<br />
$ 39.95 Vintage Amazonian Native Indian Tribal Burden Basket Yanomami Brazil<br />
$ 19.99 Vintage Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Metal Script Emblem Logo Chrome 80-92<br />
$ 14.95 Vintage Amazonian Native Waiwai Indian Tribal Woven Reed Comb</p>
<p>February and March were big months for estate sales. They were fun, but exhausting. It's nice to get a break to get caught up at home and get some listings done. We also have a few carry-overs from the estate sales that we are selling on consignment (like the ring on my top 5 list). We are working on 2 other estate sales now, but dates aren't set. </p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7f0368e6230f664f51df5b27178c59a9</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, that is very exciting! The cool thing about buying big [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/30029/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:31:01 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth, that is very exciting! The cool thing about buying big lots is being able to use the same listing template over and over, just changing photos and a few details. Best of luck!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2bbdae66b629ac8d488154b37b09e082</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Beth, what a beautiful thing you are doing!</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/29932/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:58:04 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Beth, what a beautiful thing you are doing!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7d76a2f567d5e4156e2ab1db502524b7</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: Thank you for the condolences. My dad was a wonderful man. [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/29719/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 04 Mar 2015 08:58:49 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Thank you for the condolences. My dad was a wonderful man. When he heard the news about the attack on Pearl Harbor he enlisted. After becoming a pilot he was stationed at Aldermasten, England (it's now a nuclear power facility). He piloted a C-47, pulling paratrooper gliders. I'll never forget the look in his eyes when he told me about the glider pilot releasing from the tow, getting ready to parachute out and my dad realizing he may never see any of those men again.</p>
<p>One time when I was visiting my parents in Florida we visited a lady's tea shop. She grew her own herbs and brewed her own teas. It turns out she was from Holland. When she heard my dad flew in the Operation Market-Garden mission she thanked my dad profusely and broke down crying. She clung to him for at least 10 minutes. It was a beautiful thing.</p>
<p>He will be sorely missed.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">caa8542089bab0b31f9e9b212b27efb5</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I can't believe its the beginning of a new week. This past [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/29694/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:31:24 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I can't believe its the beginning of a new week. This past one has been so disorienting and surreal.</p>
<p>After a very short illness my 94 year old dad, hero and WWII pilot, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Tuesday. I flew to Florida Tuesday night to meet my sisters and brother. We had a celebration of life for family and friends on Friday and I came home Friday night to be here for our Hollywood estate sale on Saturday. First thing Saturday morning 2 customers got in a fight over a chair and we had to call the police. I wanted to scream at them, "don't you realize how precious life is!?! Dont waste your time, energy and anger on a chair."</p>
<p>Happily, Sandy (Bookbase) and her daughter stopped by the sale on Sunday. It was really nice to see them, and I'm glad Sandy got some fun and sight seeing in before the rain, though I guess the rain here must be easier than the snow back home haha.</p>
<p>I hope ebozo is OK and checks in with someone. I have been thinking of him a lot lately. I know he used to occasionally read this board.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">32e95261c210580932c162dd1febe9a9</guid>
				<title>TreasureMomz (Sam) posted an update: I'm sorry I dont have Dramlin's address and I haven't [&#133;]</title>
				<link>http://www.bookboardchat.com/activity/p/29691/</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 02 Mar 2015 05:45:43 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I'm sorry I dont have Dramlin's address and I haven't chatted with Ken for a couple of years, though I think of him often. I have been following the FB group and hoping all is well, though I haven't posted. </p>
<p>Happy belated birthday, <b>Clem!</b>!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>